Watch me on Twitch!

Streaming on Twitch whenever I can. (Subscribe to my channel to get notifications!)

August 13, 2014

A Look Back On: Castle of Shikigami III



this was the first multi-part review I wrote for the blog. I knew it would be impossible for me to discuss this game without separating the review in parts, as there was a lot to say.

Castle of Shikigami III is not very good. Personally, I am not a fan of games that are designed to be impossible to win unless you play again and again and again. Luckily, those are rare. What really baffled me about this game is the intense concentration of plot (55 different storylines, depending on which character - or duo of characters you pick), and the total absence of an actual plot (as none of them are made officicl in-game). As a result, it was difficult to play through this game as I wasn't really able to describe one story. Therefore, I described the characters instead. And since I have a burning hatred of Mary Sues, I obviously hated these characters. The weird part? Even if theyre all Mary Sues, none of them is able to stop the villain at first!

Still, writing this review gave me a good idea of what would await me later: Having to cut reviews in parts, adding intro messages at the beggining of the later ones and ending mesages at the end of the earlier ones. All in all, the review was fun to write, there was a lot of aspects to ridicule, many things that I could make fun of. I realize now that these reviews contain less pictures than the recent ones, probably because I hadn't yet realized how much comedy I could stick in a picture's caption, and it would be helpful when, say, the actual review is written with an angry tone.

I still haven't beaten the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment