Watch me on Twitch!

Streaming on Twitch whenever I can. (Subscribe to my channel to get notifications!)

December 10, 2015

Demo Review 38: Pong Toss Pro

Release your inner frat boy with Pong Toss Pro! In this demo, only one option is available: Speed Pong. The others are all blacked out. Pong Toss Pro is a video game version of that game where you must toss ping-pong balls into cups of beer placed in a triangle. As for Speed Pong, you are playing against an opponent, and the first one to shoot in all the beer solo cups wins.

The demo doesn’t offer any other modes, but you can still pick between two different rooms and six different table styles, and you can choose to play as a guy or a girl. You can even pick between left- and right-handed!

The controls are simple, but still complex to master; you move left and right with the directional pad on the Wii remote, then you raise or lower the remote to adjust your throwing angle, then you make a quick movement to toss the ping-pong ball. Be careful, however, as certain solo cups contain power-ups (???????) that can either help you, or be a nuisance to the opponent. Note that said opponent can, too, activate these effects.

In my admittedly short playthrough of this demo, I was quite the failure. I never really got to aim too well to toss right in the solo cups. Meanwhile, my opponent was aiming like a pro, so much so that when it was down to one cup, I still had five or six. Or more. And that was the Easy mode! Long story short, I sucked at this game.

Then again, I’ve never been the frat type of guy. I didn’t like this one all that much, but there's a large number of options. I don't think this would be a good game... but if you want to give it a try, head down to the Wii Shop Channel.

♪♫Red solo cup, I fill you up, let's have a party....♪♫ Dammit, I don't even like country music!

No comments:

Post a Comment