Watch me on Twitch!

Streaming on Twitch whenever I can. (Subscribe to my channel to get notifications!)

February 3, 2022

February is Poké-Month 2022!


Hey everyone, I have an announcement!

As the title says, I've decided to spend the month of February reviewing Pokémon stuff. First will be a review of Pokémon 2000: The Power of One, the movie from the Pokémon anime, with Part 1 scheduled for this Friday, February 4th; a three-part review.

If all goes well, it should be followed by a 4-part review of Pokémon X/Y (X in particular, seeing as it's the game I own). Hopefully it won't be stretched further into five parts. If the schedule doesn't slip, Part 1 will be up on February 18th.

In all honesty, I did not schedule this to go alongside the release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus. It was more of a "better do these right now" situation, and it just happens to coincide with a major release. I hope you'll enjoy reading through these two reviews.



On a sadder note, in order to not mention it within the reviews themselves, I have to talk about one YouTuber I greatly enjoyed watching. That Dude in the Suede, AKA Suede, was one of my favorite content creators and he mainly did reviews of Pokémon episodes on his channel. In a crossover with Linkara, another YouTuber that I enjoy watching, he reviewed Pokémon 2000, the same film I'm covering this month. His review served as an excellent starting point for my research, and I hope I could bring out new interesting arguments regarding the film.

Recently, he received a lawsuit from the Japanese owners of the Pokémon Anime, Shogakukan Productions (AKA ShoPro). He explains his predicament in this video here.


For any YouTuber who makes a living out of discussing anime, this could be a massive blow to their livelihoods; Suede is living a canary-in-the-mine situation and fears, rightly so, that what is currently happening to him because of ShoPro could spread out to any content creator whose content relies on anime, either in part or in totality. Especially if this intimidation method catches on with Japanese rights owners who want to circumvent fair use laws from other countries. I strongly encourage everyone to share this video and spread the word.

Speaking of, Suede, if you ever see this, hopefully you get to bounce back from this and keep on making your excellent content.

No comments:

Post a Comment