Watch me on Twitch!

Streaming on Twitch whenever I can. (Subscribe to my channel to get notifications!)

November 19, 2021

Quick Review: Offensive Combat: Redux!



….That is all. I could not even play this game. Could not even reach the main menu.

Offensive Combat: Redux! was made by Three Gates AB and released on August 18, 2017. And unlike the multiplayer games I’ve tested during this set of Quick Reviews, there is literally nothing to say about this one. Not like I actually CAN say anything when I didn’t really get to TRY any of it.

I wished I could have at least, y'know,
accessed the servers to see this myself, but nope!
(picture taken from the Steam store page)
The game’s Steam page at least tries to promote itself like it was still functional, with what I can assume to be a silly multiplayer first-person shooter where everyone wears funny costumes. Some pages even brag about weapons that can be upgraded? Some talk about a single-player mode to earn some experience on your own before facing other human players? Gee, that would’ve been nice, but it’s like the servers were shut down. Here’s a thought: If the game literally isn’t working anymore, maybe don’t keep it in the store.

Among the Guy Fawkes masks and the Oogie Boogie bodysuits seen in promotional material, I saw player skins resembling Donald Trump. The “Offensive” part of the title hints less at proud combat and more at puerile humor that might give a chuckle to immature teens, without any deeper message behind it all. Just “let’s be offensive!”

Maybe it's not such a big loss after all.
(picture taken from the Steam store page)
A lot of the multiplayer games I’ve reviewed over the past weeks are past their prime because they were released around 2016-17, and I obtained most of those in a bundle purchased in December 2017 on Humble Bundle. Four years can be a long time for a multiplayer game. It may explain why so many of these are dated to the point where the multiplayer rooms and servers are empty, but several of these still include some form of single-player experience that makes them not a total loss. At least you can play them, even if the experience is diminished.

Not so much for this one. Don’t buy it, don’t bother. I could tell you it costs 14.99$ USD, but right now it’s the digital equivalent of buying a paperweight. Just taking up space.

Next week I won't be publishing reviews, I need to rebuild a buffer. See you on November 29th for the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment